John Wesley UMC offers a wide range of opportunities for those seeking to use their skills and experience in a Christ-centered environment. A requirement for all employees at John Wesley is to have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. With a shared vision to spread the Gospel to the nations, we believe that what we do matters, and we are looking for passionate people who do exceptional work to join our team.
Here you will find information on our openings, who we are and what we believe. We invite you to learn about how you too can make a difference as a John Wesley UMC team member. If you have any further questions, please contact email@example.com
Part-Time (15-20 hrs/wk), Non-Exempt, Non-Benefit Eligible
This position works with all ministries of the church on coordination of special events. Responsible for coordinating Wednesday night dinners and serves as the lead staff liaison on major church special events. Responsible for all church kitchens, kitchen organization, and kitchen supply purchasing.
Key Activities & Deliverables:
- Coordinates Wednesday night church dinner by planning and scheduling catering with local vendors. Coordinates set up, food, and décor. Coordinates volunteers for set-up and clean-up
- Coordinates Special Church Events. Participates in planning meetings regrading special church events. Coordinates and ensures proper number of volunteers for each event as required. Work with Director of Facilities regarding event set-up. Works with Director of Communications on promotions. Work with Administrative staff on any other needs.
- Liaison to the Hospitality committee. Assist in recruiting Hospitality and special event volunteers. Maintain prompt and clear communication with committee and volunteers.
- Manage the kitchen/hospitality operations budget.
- Keep kitchen inventory up to date and actively sourcing supplies to be cost effective.
- Maintains kitchen organization.
- Assists with planning hospitality for funerals.
- Assists with coordinator of outside individuals and groups wanting to use the facility including scheduling of facilities and set up, invoicing, and payment for facility use.
CLICK HERE to download a PDF of the full job description.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Please contact Danelle Vanderzyden to learn about our most up-to-date volunteer needs.