Through study opportunities, adults learn more about God and themselves and are nurtured as they grow in their faith. In small groups, they question and struggle with relevant life issues. Together, disciples grow in faith and maturity as they become equipped to serve the world beyond the walls of the church. Click on a class name to register.
Adult fall groups and classes begin on September 11 at 6:15 pm
Childcare is available in A103.
Connect Groups are growing in faith through Connection as a Community
- Master Leadership with Dr. Marty Dunbar (Courtyard Room) – What does a Godly leader look like, act like, and use as the foundation for leading God's people? This 2-part study will give participants the foundation for leading the Jesus way, and is based off the "Best Things" from Dr. Dunbar's favorite books.
- Health & Wholeness Series – (E222) A series of presenters with topics across mental, spiritual, and physical health. Facilitated by various speakers.
- Men’s Study (E220) – Study Led by Bryan Darwin and Alex Miller
- Grounded Women (Chapel) – Time in prayer and fellowship with other women. No registration required.
- Beginning Genealogy with Sandy Cochran (A106) – If you are interested in learning how to build your family tree, or if you want to know: Who are my ancestors? Where did they come from? Do I have famous relatives? Are the stories my family tells factual? Come join us to learn some ways to find the answers to these questions and begin to build your family tree. This class is limited to 20 people.
Develop Pathway Groups are growing in faith through intentional spiritual growth.
Step One Groups:
- Develop Conversations (E219) – Offering a common language and understanding of the Wesleyan Way, this class provides awareness of what God intended for authentic spiritual growth, and next steps here at JWUMC.
- Connecting with God (E212)– A study of practical advice for those wanting to deepen their relationship with God.
Step Two Groups:
- Prayer and Worship with Rev. Dr. E.B. Beasley (Parlor) – Prayer and worship are the heart of the devotional life and are essential practices for a fully connected relationship with God. Dig deeper with this course and discover a new depth to your relationship with God.
- Learning from Jesus with Patty Hutchins (E226) – Jesus is an incredible example of how to lead a faithful life. Our primary mission as his followers is to learn from him--to become his students. In this study we seek to develop as students by studying everything from Jesus's interactions with those around him to the revolutionary wisdom recorded in the Gospels.
Step Three Groups:
- Living Your Spiritual Formation with Pastor Cheryl Smith (E201) – Study on living a balanced life as a disciple of Jesus Christ and how you can be an example and a mentor for others.