CDP Bridge Class
Children must be 5 years old as of September 1. The class meets from 9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m. Monday/Friday and 9:00 a.m.–2:30 p.m. Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday.
Our goal is to provide opportunities for children to experience every concept in a multi-sensory way. very effort is made to accommodate the learning styles of each child. The interests expressed by the children and their parents often inspire topics of study.
- The curriculum in the Bridge Class is literature based. Phonemic awareness is taught and practiced in the meaningful context of Big Books, picture books, poetry, stories dictated by students, and high-interest books with few words.
- Math activities, social studies, and science are correlated with themed books, poems, stories, or events.
- Specific letter/sound associations encourage mastery of high frequency words.
- Centers are primarily open-ended and encourage creativity, problem-solving, and social skills. These centers on a typical day include home living, art, manipulatives, building materials, reading, listening, writing, and the sensory table. Other centers are used during the year to enhance learning about current topics of study.
- Music, movement, body awareness, and performance skills are led by our excellent music teacher and extended in our classroom activities.
- Celebrations from other cultures encourage respect for our diverse world.