John Wesley Preschool is a ministry for the children of John Wesley United Methodist Church and its surrounding community. John Wesley Preschool is committed to focusing on the welfare, education, and support of all children in the program so that each child can grow and develop spiritually, cognitively, physically, emotionally, and socially within a Christian environment. Experiencing both challenge and success, every child is given the opportunity to build self-esteem and a love for learning. The program is governed by policies and procedures approved by the Church Council and is overseen by the John Wesley Preschool Committee.
Goals and Objectives
- To present curriculum through developmentally appropriate practice.
- To help each child develop creatively.
- To help each child develop appropriate social behaviors.
- To help each child express feelings.
- To help each child become self-reliant.
- To promote Christian values.
- To provide language enrichment.
- To provide an environment for developing cooperative work skills.
- To provide a program for parent education and parent participation.
- To provide an experienced, professional staff trained in the most current practices in early childhood.
John Wesley Preschool is licensed by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
Enrollment shall be granted without discrimination in regard to sex, race, color, creed, or political belief. Enrollment shall be open to any child, provided that we can meet the needs of that child.