Connect Groups are growing in faith through Connection as a Community. Through study opportunities, adults learn more about God and themselves and are nurtured as they grow in their faith. In small groups, they question and struggle with relevant life issues. Together, disciples grow in faith and maturity as they become equipped to serve the world beyond the walls of the church.
Adult Wednesday Night Spring Studies Session 2 | March 18 - April 15 | 6:15 pm
Click on a class name to register. (Registration for session 2 is not available for some classes which began in session 1. Contact Lisa McCarthy for more information.)
- Master Leadership led by Dr. Marty Dunbar (Courtyard Room) – What does a godly leader look like, act like, and use as the foundation for leading God's people? This study will give participants the foundation for leading the Jesus Way, and is based off the "Best Things" from Dr. Dunbar's favorite books. Join the study every week or jump in on a topic that interests you. The reading will drive the discussion on Wednesday nights between Dr. Dunbar and Participants. Materials and the weekly schedule will be posted at www.jwumc.org/PLS every Thursday while the study is being offered.
- NEW! Angels and Demons led by Rev. Cheryl Smith (E219) – Although we have long since come to understand that angels and the devil are mentioned in the Bible, including the New Testament, most people do not know that until the exile into Babylon, the Jewish tradition did not include an understanding of either. Come learn about the role that the acculturation has played in the development of what we understand as a biblical tradition, and prepare to learn something new!
- Men’s Study led by Bryan Darwin and Alex Miller (E220) – Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man’s Soul is a book by John Eldredge on the subject of the role of masculinity in contemporary evangelical Christian culture and doctrine. This study invites men to: recover their masculine heart, see themselves in the image of a passionate God, and delight in the strength and wildness men were created to offer.
- Women's Study: Jonah led by Nancy Parks (A205) – Dive into the Word with other women as we study Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted. Author Priscilla Shirer shows that interruption in our lives is God’s invitation to do something beyond our wildest dreams. When Jonah was willing to allow God to interrupt his life, the result was revival in an entire city!
- Slow Church led by Patty Hutchins (A202) – In the beginning, the church shared in all facets of life. Centered as they were on Jesus, seemingly mundane activities took on their own significance in the mission of God. In Slow Church, Chris Smith and John Pattison invite us to leave franchise faith behind and enter into the ecology, economy, and ethics of the kingdom of God, where people know each other well and love one another as Christ loved the church.
Childcare is available in A103.