Your Health is Important to Us!Written by Your John Wesley UMC Pastors on March 12, 2020 | Found in: Health & Wellness
Dear JW Family and Friends—
Your church CARES about you. We care about you in the good times and in the bad; times of ease and times of trouble; times of health and times of illness. In all of these situations, we know that our security and trust are in the LORD and not in ourselves. Our comfort is in the LORD and not in a certain or secure society.
Having said that, we want you to know that we are making every effort to provide for your safety and health in the midst of the unknown. COVID-19 has caused both overreaction and underreaction, and we are attempting to navigate the middle path.
While we are currently still planning on having our usual gathering on Sunday for church and Sunday School, we want to observe some precautionary measures. These are the same precautions we hear about from all the public health authorities:
- Wash your hands often for 20 seconds or more.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
- Minimize touch and close proximity to others. (No hugging or shaking hands)
- Keep your hands away from your face, eyes, mouth.
- If you cough or sneeze, do so into a tissue or your elbow and not your hand.
- If you are elderly or have underlying conditions, stay out of crowds
Sanitary measures are always in place at JW, but we have upped our efforts in an attempt to keep everyone healthy.
- Our facilities are routinely cleaned with an anti-bacterial/anti-viral cleaner called Virex. The custodians are wiping heavily touched areas at an increased rate. (doors, handles, touchscreens)
- Carpets are being steam-cleaned and bathroom floors are being routinely cleaned with bleach.
- Air and surfaces are being treated with Air-Medic, a misting device. This will continue through flu season.
- Servers for coffee, doughnuts and Wednesday night dinners are wearing gloves.
If you do not feel comfortable attending services in person, please tune in at 10:00 am and 11:15 am for live online streaming either through the John Wesley Facebook page or at www.jwumc.org.
We will proceed with appropriate caution and will keep you updated. Now, more than ever, we need to support our church with our tithes and gifts as we will be striving to serve and support even more people in our community. Please allow us to serve you if you need prayers, help or reassurance.
Dr. Marty Dunbar
Rev. Todd Cooper
Rev. Cheryl Smith